Congratulations on receiving the Fathom™ Evaluation Kit! This document provides an overview of how to set up the evaluation kit, configure the beacons for accurate positioning and how to evaluate system performance.
- Four Fathom™ Hubs can accurate position beacons for an area of 225sqm (2500sqft). Use the Fathom Hub Placement document to determine a suitable evaluation location of similar size.
- Follow the Fathom™ System Deployment to set up the system. Select a detailed and accurate floorplan and spend the time to ensure it is placed correctly in Fathom Control.
Fathom is designed to work with any beacon on the market.
- Ensure the Optimal Beacon Configuration for Positioning Accuracy is applied to each beacon used in the evaluation.
- To make beacons detectable in Fathom Control ensure they beacon is transmitting a unique iBeacon UUID or Eddystone UID.
- Follow the Working with Third-Party Beacons guide to provide a user-friendly label to the beacons in Fathom Control. Place the same label on the actual beacons.
At this point, you have a completely digitized representation of your physical venue in Fathom Control.
- Use the floor plan uploaded to Fathom Control to determine evaluation locations to place the beacons. It helps align beacons with fixed objects such as windows, doors, or walls.
- Identify and mark the physical locations of the beacons.
- Please labeled beacons at the marked locations.
- The Fathom Control display the default screen update rate is 60 seconds. Increase Fathom Control Screen Update Rate to 10 seconds to ensure no delays.
- Assess the position accuracy by comparing the expected position of the beacon and the position reported in Fathom Control.