Fathom™ utilizes Amazon SQS messaging to facilitate push notification. An Amazon AWS account is required.
Create New Queue
Login into Amazon SQS: https://aws.amazon.com/sqs/.
Currently, only the standard SQS queue is supported. FIFO queue will be coming soon.
Default Visibility Timeout: 30 seconds - This is the amount of time between the message is obtained from the queue to when it must be deleted from the queue. If this time elapse and the message is not deleted, the message will reappear on the queue.
Message Retention Period: 4 days - This is the number of days a message will be retained in the queue if it has not been deleted.
Maximum Message Size: 256 kB - This is the maximum allowable message size you will possible receive from the queue.
Delivery Delay: 0 seconds - This is the delay between when a message is created and placed in the queue.
Receive Message Wait Time: 0 seconds - This is the amount of time a poll request will wait for a message to be placed on the queue and returned.
Fathom SQS Configuration
- Select your SQS queue in the AWS Management Console, then select the “Add a Permission” action.
- Effect to Allow
- Principal to 097840786817
- Actions check on “SendMessage”
Enable SQS Queue in Fathom Control
You will need to enable messages to be written to your newly created SQS queue in Fathom Control. To do this:
- Select and copy your SQS queue in the AWS Management Console and locate the queue’s URL.
- Login to Fathom Control.
- Navigate to the “Edit Venue” screen.
- Scroll down the window and enable the “Event Stream” toggle and paste in the queue’s URL.
- Press the “Test SQS URL” button to ensure the SQS queue is writable. If you have something reading from the queue you should receive a test message via the SQS queue or you can view the test message via the AWS Management Console.
- Save your changes and future events received for your venue will be streamed to your SQS queue.